Rooty Hill RSL Club Ltd
2. Personal Information
The Club primarily collects personal information about you through:
- Correspondence, telephone conversations and emails between us, including through our website at rootyhillrsl.com.au, and membership and other applications you submit to the Club;
- Credit or bank references, where they are required; and
- The use of your membership card in a gaming machine or other machine of the Club linked to a member loyalty system that may provide a benefit or service to you..
In some cases, the Club may collect information about you that is not personal information. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet Browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, and the domain name of any site from which you link to our website. We use this information for the purposes of better understanding your interests and to help improve our business and website.
2.2 Nature of Personal Information We Collect
We only collect personal information about you if it is relevant to providing our services. This information generally includes:
- your name, address, age and contact details;
- your credit card and bank details in respect of your purchases of our services and
- billing statements and records of correspondence between us
2.3 Use of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information:
- to provide you with our services;
- to identify, and inform you of, services that may be of interest to you;
- to administer our customer relationship with you; and
- for internal purposes such as procedural assessment, risk management, service reviews and improvement, website and advertisement improvement, staff training, accounting and billing.
When you give personal information to us, we may ask if you want to receive future communication from us, (such as newsletters, emails or other information). You can choose not to receive this communication, if you wish.
We may also use your personal information to help us track the way you use our services and our website. We may combine the information you provide with information that we collect separately. This includes information you have provided to other organisations (with consent that it can be shared) and public information. All of this information will help us, for example, better design our services, website and marketing.
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information for a purpose that is related to the services that we provide to you. This may include disclosures to:
- individuals/organisations that provide us with professional advice such as lawyers, accountants and business advisers;
- contractors to whom we outsource certain functions, such as mailing houses, electronic network administrators and debt collection agencies;
However, these parties will only use the information for the purposes stated at 2.3. We may also disclose your information if this is expressly permitted under the Act. For example, we may disclose your personal information if you consent to this or if we are legally required to do so under a court order or taxation laws.
2.5 Holding and Securing Your Personal Information
Depending on the circumstances, we may hold your information in either hard copy or electronic form or both. Generally, we keep copies of all correspondence in hard copy and we hold our customer database in electronic format.
We hold all personal information securely to ensure that it is protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Our staff follows strict information handling procedures and we only permit staff to access your information if their duties require it. We delete your personal information once it is no longer needed or required to be kept by law by shredding hard copy records and demagnetising electronic records.
2.6 Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may request access to your personal information by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer by mail to:
Rooty Hill RSL
P.O. Box 42, Rooty Hill 2766
Or by email to:
When our Privacy Officer has verified your identity, she/he will action your request within twenty one (21) days. We may charge a small access fee.
We may deny access to your information if permitted under the Act. For example, we may do so if access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of others or reveal information relating to our commercially sensitive decision making processes.
If your personal information is out of date or incorrect, you may inform us and we will correct it, unless we disagree about the accuracy of the information. In that case, we will not change it. However, you may give us a statement that you dispute the accuracy of the information. We will connect this with the information so that it is brought to the attention
The Club has no intention of collecting any personal information from individuals under the age of eighteen years. Where appropriate, the Club will specifically instruct children not to submit such information. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child should contact us on 9625 5500 if they would like this information deleted from our records.
4. Information We May Place On Your Computer's Hard Drive
When you view our website, we may store some information on your computer. For example, this information may be in the form of a "Cookie" or similar file that will allow us to tailor a site to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Please refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Please note that removing or blocking Cookies may interfere with your full use of our website.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of April, 2008.